Carina obtained a B.Sc. degree from Bielefeld University, where she wrote her Bachelor thesis in the group of Prof. Norbert Sewald. She went on to complete a M.Sc. degree in Medicinal and Natural Products chemistry from Leibniz University in Hannover. Carina completed her Masters thesis in 2012 with Dr Eszter Borbas at Stockholm University, where she worked on the synthesis of glycosylated pyrroles.
Carina started her PhD studies in our group in July 2012. During her time in our group, Carina developed new reactions to functionalize indoles, pyrroles and other (hetero)arenes via transition metal catalyzed C-H activation, particularly by Ru. Carina also worked on the chemistry of (hetero)aryne intermediates and complexes of Au.
Carina defended her PhD on 20th October 2017 with Prof. Brenton DeBoef (University of Rhode Island) as the opponent.
In early 2018 Carina began work as a scientific research consultant for ÅF, currently on a GEMS PET project in Uppsala.
Conferences & presentations
- 20th International Symposium on Homogeneous Catalysis, Kyoto, Japan (10-15th July, 2016)
- Organikerdagarna, Umeå, Sweden (14-16th June, 2016) – Poster – Award-winning poster!
- 3rd International Symposium on C-H Activation, Montreal, Canada (30th May – 2nd June, 2016) – Poster
- OMCOS 18 conference in Sitges, Spain (June 28 – July 2, 2015) – Poster
- 3rd Nordic Meeting on Organometallic Chemistry, Lund, Sweden (March 11-12, 2015) – Poster
- 250th ACS National Meeting in Boston, MA (August 2015) – Poster
- 2nd International Symposium on C-H Activation in Rennes, France (June 30 – July 3 2014, 2014) – Poster
- 248th ACS National Meeting in San Francisco (August 10-14, 2014) – Oral presentation
5.”Arynes and Their Precurors from Arylboronic Acids via Catalytic C-H Silylation”
Karthik Devaraj, Fredric L. J. Ingner, Carina Sollert, Paul J. Gates, Andreas Orthaber, Lukasz T. Pilarski*
J. Org. Chem. 2019, accepted
4. “Ru-Catalysed C-H Silylation of Gramines, Tryptamines and their Congeners”
Karthik Devaraj, Carina Sollert, Carmen Juds, Paul J. Gates, Lukasz T. Pilarski*
Chem. Commun. 2016, 52, 5868-587
3. “Boryl (Hetero)aryne Precursors as Versatile Arylation Reagents: Synthesis through C-H Activation and Orthogonal Reactivity”
Johanna Larsson, Emilien Demory, Karthik Devaraj, Carina Sollert, Lukasz T. Pilarski*
Synlett 2016, 27 (7), 969-976
2. “Crystal structure of acetonitrile[η6-1-methyl-4-(1-methylethyl)benzene][1-(pyrimidin-2-yl)-3H-indol-1-ium-2-yl-κ2N,C]ruthenium(II) bis(hexafluoridoantimonate)”
Carina Sollert, Andreas Orthaber*, Lukasz T. Pilarski*
Acta Cryst. 2015, E71, 1190-1192
1. “Ru-Catalysed C-H Arylation of Indoles and Pyrroles with Boronic Acids: Scope and Mechanistic Studies”
Carina Sollert, Karthik Devaraj, Andreas Orthaber, Paul J. Gates, Lukasz T. Pilarski*
Chem. Eur. J. 2015, 21, 5380-5386